14 Reasons to Love SEO
Happy Valentine’s Day! Here at Spartan Internet we have decided to share the love and tell you 14 awesome (and fun reasons) to love SEO!
- You’ll sell more stuff – The more people are aware of your company the more people will buy. It’s a fact that people like brands they recognize and trust.
- It rewards you for developing and distributing good content – You won’t rank high on a search engine result page if you have terrible content with good reason. Poor content doesn’t deserve a great position, so update you content and make sure it reflects your site positively. Don’t bog it down with keywords just to improve your SEO. That will drive your bounce rate through the roof.
- High return in investment – With SEO you are paying just for the content writer. You don’t have to pay to distribute ads through a medium like Google AdWords if you content is high in quality.
- It’s an acronym – People love acronyms. Here are a few acronyms that you probably didn’t know were acronyms.
EPCOT: Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow
NABISCO: National Biscuit Company
INTERPOL: International Criminal Police Organization
ZIP Code: Zone Improvement Plan Code
- Increased Brand Awareness – People are lazy, it’s a fact. The higher you are on a serch engine result page the more people will become familiar with your company.
- Improve visitor quality – the more relevant your search term, the higher quality of search traffic you will drive to your site.
- Buying vs. Renting – You’d rather pay a mortgage than pay the rent. And by that I mean investing in SEO provides a long term result that you can’t get from pay per click advertising. You invest and get a great SEO ranking and odds are that you will keep a great ranking. But you have to pay to keep a great ad spot. Over and over.
- When you use all the acronyms associated with SEO you sound super smart - It’s almost like you’re talking in code, and people love codes!
For SEO we check our SERP errday to ensure
- SEO Research is Multi Functional – Keyword research can help you identify new topics to write about, can be repurposed and used for your pay per click campaigns and can help you search out active communities in social media. It’s one of the crucial components of your online marketing plan.
- Most people click on organic listings – The majority of searches rely on organic results when selecting from their search results. Just because you rank high for an ad doesn’t mean you are the best result for them and people have caught on.
- Inbound Links – They completely rock. Not only are they great for SEO, they also drive referral traffic. So as you distribute content, blog and guest blog you create inbound links that improve your positioning and provide inbound traffic from great sources.
- Quantifiable Results – Everything can be measured. Unlike traditional marketing SEO can be measure to exact keyword usage. Using a program like Google Analytics allows you to easily track every keyword you’re optimizing and refine your approach.
- Better Conversion Rates – While conversion rates aren’t necessarily better than pay per click, they are better than most other advertising mediums. Even though conversion rates are lower than paid search conversion rates, the increased volume in organic searchers makes up for the difference and then some. People see your organic listing because they searched something directly related to your site. Banner ads don’t always apply to everyone and have poor conversion rates.
- Google – I’m a huge fan of the Google doodles. So if you haven’t checked out today’s doodle… do so now. Even those who walk around every February 14th mumbling “it’s a Hallmark Holiday!” will smile. I promise. Totally mega cute.